Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Pregnancy updates

Last night I got a telephone call from my doctor's office. They just wanted to tell me that we got the OB that we'd requested. During the conversation the receptionist mentioned that "he will be doing your delivery". And, I got a feeling of sudden terror. It's not necessarily new to me but it was just another reminder. THIS KID HAS TO COME OUT OF ME! There is no turning back now. At some point in the next 5 months I will be experiencing worse pain than I ever have in my life. And please, all you sappy mothers out there, don't try and encourage me with words of "yes, but there will be joy at the end of it". I'm aware of that as well. But, at this moment, that won't really help the hyperventilating.

And, I received a parcel notice in the mail yesterday. I do believe it will be my maternity clothes. Tonight on my drive home I will pick them up. And I will see if I love them, if they fit or if this was a rather expensive lesson for ccap.

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

1. Pain sucks! (No, I'm not really one of those people who say "there will be joy, blah, blah, blah")

2. I got a parcel delivery notice yesterday too, and got all excited that MAYBE someone was sending me something interesting, but NO. Turns out it was a wedding gift for Mom & Paul. What a let down! Hope yours is better.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, I seem to recall *my* deliveries being remarkably easy. No physical pain whatsoever.

Oh wait, mine are adopted. I keep forgetting.

4:36 PM  
Blogger BarbaraMG said...

Yeah it hurts but that is what the epidural is for. Make sure you bring it up at every dr's appointment so he/she knows beyond a shadow of a doubt you want one.

Yes, it hurts but I think most women like to share the horror stories. I had a very difficult labour with my son but even with a difficult one it wasn't that bad.

And yes, it hurts but it is also going to be the most incredible experience of your life. So incredible in fact that the moment you look at your baby you will say you would do it all over again.

What I am trying to say is don't worry about it. And ask for an epidural! And Demerol.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They don't call it labour for nothing. I should know, I've done it 4 times. At some point in the labour, you will swear that you will never do this again and those women who have done it more often really are crazy. You will also be amazed and a little frightened at the depth of rage you feel toward your husband as he was the one who got you into this mess in the first place. You will also likely want send him away when he shows excitement that in less than 2 hours you will be parents.

However, I've got to say it. That first cry of your baby will stay with you forever. I can still hear Ben's first cry. I can't describe it. But it changed me forever and I went through it 3 more times!

Linda P

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home