Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Here, here!

I've liked Cate Blanchett for sometime now. And when I say "liked" I mean strictly in her ability to act. However, this morning I read a quote of hers and respect her as a human being as well. Her response to the Botox insanity:

Blanchett says, "It's not just women on film, 18-year-old girls feel pressure to do preventative injecting. I see someone's face, someone's body who'd had children and I think they're the song lines of your experience, and why would you want to eradicate that? I look at people sort of entombing themselves and all you see is their little pin holes of terror... and you think, just live your life, death is not going to be any easier just because your face can't move."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great quote! I love that little sarcastic twist at the end of it ...

1:07 PM  
Blogger Lulu Maude said...

Geee... now I like Cate Blanchett too...

3:54 PM  
Blogger Lulu Maude said...

Geee... now I like Cate Blanchett too...

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home