Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Okay, so maybe I HAVEN'T seen it all

Every once in awhile I get a feeling that I've seen it all now. Surely I've seen the last item that has tongue-tied me. Well, no, apparently that's not true.

Proof: Two things that completely dumbfounded me today.

1) Apparently you can buy your dog a $50 bone to chew on. Oh yeah, AND a dog bowl worth $120. Has it really come to this? Have dogs evolved so much in our society that they TOO now care about having name brand products? I'd best not buy a dog. I'd probably [cowering in shame] feed him/her out of a used margarine container.

2) I received a wedding invitation. Wait for it. That's not what dumbfounded me, silly. Do you KNOW where the wedding is? Of course not, I haven't told you yet! I almost hesitate typing this because I'm afraid you will now think less of ME. The wedding is at Hooters! What the [sorry, Mom, but I honestly feel a curse word IS needed right now] fuck is up with THAT?! I honestly thought it was a joke at first. I had to ask around a bit. Nope, no joke, a genuine wedding. So, is the bride going to slap the groom upside the face when his eyes wander? Is the bride going to dress like this?

Final note: As some of you may be wondering, the person in item #2 is someone who works in another office on the same floor I do. I'm also a bit dumbfounded as to why I received an invite as I do believe we've probably had 3 conversations in total.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather Plett said...

You almost can't resist going to a wedding like THAT just to see how tacky it's going to be! Think of the stories you could tell your friends for YEARS!

Do they have a dog? You could give them a Gucci dog bone for a wedding gift! Nah, on second thought, they're probably more of the GUN RACK FOR THE BACK OF THEIR PICK-UP crowd!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you DO realize the dog bone is hypoallergenic?

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home