Previously: The rants and ramblings of a stubborn, sarcastic, opinionated, romantic cynic.
Now basically: Little snippets of my life with a preschooler and a school-aged kid.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
I've said it on here before, I love Christmas music. (Frankly, I love music in general and Christmas in general but this post is not about that.) So, for today...
Thirteen Christmas lyrics I love Some for the emotion, some for the lyrics and some for the person the song reminds me of.
1. In his master's steps he trod Where the snow lay dinted Heat was in the very sod Which the Saint had printed
2. Hail the incarnate Deity Pleased as man with man to dwell Jesus, our Emmanuel
3. Born that man no more may die Born to raise the sons of earth Born to give them second birth
4. And ransom captive Israel
5. Son of God, love's pure light Radiant beams from Thy holy face With the dawn of redeeming grace
6. Then pealed the bells more loud and deep: "God is not dead, nor doth He sleep; The wrong shall fail, the right prevail With peace on earth, good will to men."
7. On this holy night Lead us to His light Emmanuel, Emmanuel
8. Now Joseph was loyal and honest and true When he heard about Mary his heart broke in two And so he determined what he had to do But when he fell asleep it was not long before An angel said "Joseph, you need to know more" And it was a dream that he could not ignore Because he was the Lord’s servant
9. Israel’s strength and consolation Hope of all the earth Thou art Dear desire of every nation Joy of ev’ry longing heart
10. The fire is dying now, my lamp is growing dim The shades of night are lifting The morning light steals across my windowpane Where webs of snow are drifting If I could only have you near To breathe a sigh or two I would be happy just to hold the hands I love And to be once again with you
11. Long lay the world in sin and error pining. Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth.
12. And did the stars shine much brighter that night You gave birth to the death that would bring us to life And did the mystery keep you awake Was the sound of His little heart too much to take
13. Mary, did you know That your baby boy will one day walk on water? Did you know That your baby boy will save our sons and daughters? Did you know That your baby boy has come to make you new? This child that you’ve delivered Will soon deliver you
1. I was just walking through Zellers at lunch (needed some new Christmas lights) and I noticed an ad for their restaurant. Their slogan? "Our passion – Great food" I'm so sorry if your passion is great food and you work in the Zellers restaurant.
2. Apparently pizza is really just the crust to my daughter. Last night I made chicken pot pie and at one point she requested more pizza. She still had plenty of veggies and chicken on her plate what she was looking for was more crust. 3. I LOVE Christmas music – especially the traditional carols. No idea why I felt it necessary to bring that up.
4. However, I'm not very fond of "there'll be much mistletoeing". 5. That pot pie I mentioned earlier? Yeah, still tasty reheated for lunch today.
6. I’m glad both my husband's and my work Christmas parties are done. That's one of my least favorites parts of the season.
7. Re: #4. Although, I should have brought a bigger piece – that REALLY didn't fill me up.
8. The question I have for this ladyis: Do you really think you're going to get hired again after your name gets out in such a manner? 9. At Halloween jelly beans become orange and black. At Christmas time they become green and red. Why is there no holiday when they become red, purple, pink and black?
10. My daughter helped me wrap presents last night. We only got two done (as you can imagine, it's much faster to do it by myself) but I'm still sitting here with a goofy grin on my face thinking about our fun – especially thinking of her trying to wrap Auntie Pam's gift in her baby blanket 'cause she wanted to give it to her.
11. This Saturday is Christmas with my friends. Yay!
12. Tonight (see #1) we are FINALLY getting our tree up. Abby will be so delighted – she LOVES Christmas lights.
13. I have begun to feel stirrings within. I gotta say, my Very Favorite part of being pregnant.
That stuff that's in your nose when you have a cold? Cake. This is due to us once saying that it was caked to her nose. Thing is, now we find it so cute WE call it that too. (The question is, does she still enjoy cake as a dessert?)
Peanut butter? Daddy butter. Why? Well, he's the only one that eats it and he eats it often.